Air Conditioning Post issues about air conditioning here

Another ac related question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kristoliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Another ac related question(s)

I guess for the 100th time but I'm on my phone and trying to search forum with my phone is kinda bugged or something. Anyways...

Blows hot

Compressor won't turn on and radiator fans won't turn on when I put max ac in the car.

Maybe a relay, gonna take the AC compressor relay off and use one that's upper left of it to test it.

Can I still add freon with a little can even if the compressor doesn't engage and the fans don't start? Or it's just gonna create pressure because it's not flowing or something.

Or any ideas?

Thx
Old 06-30-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Another ac related question(s)

If you don't have a set of gauges, use a small flathead screwdriver to briefly press on the valve stems of the fittings. If nothing comes out you have no pressure.
Old 07-01-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
If you don't have a set of gauges, use a small flathead screwdriver to briefly press on the valve stems of the fittings. If nothing comes out you have no pressure.

im gonna press the stems with a flat screwdriver, what should i do if i got pressure or if i got noone?
Old 07-01-2018
Registered!!

There is no pressure at all.
Old 07-01-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kristoliquid
Theres a good chance it Just needs a R134 Freon Top up Reason why i say this is wifes vehicle had no freon in the (condenser -where freon is stored) either it Lost it slowly from use over time. or it has a very very small leak in it. not sure but i got it Topped Up & Dye added. since my mechanic Ran a Vacume check on it useing his A/C machine and said it holds vacume he just topped it up with R134 and it blew cold again. might Just be Your case as well?
Old 07-01-2018
Registered!!

rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brags
Theres a good chance it Just needs a R134 Freon Top up Reason why i say this is wifes vehicle had no freon in the (condenser -where freon is stored) either it Lost it slowly from use over time. or it has a very very small leak in it. not sure but i got it Topped Up & Dye added. since my mechanic Ran a Vacume check on it useing his A/C machine and said it holds vacume he just topped it up with R134 and it blew cold again. might Just be Your case as well?
hey there brags its been darn near HOT .! "out here in London Ontario Canada" last few days my A/C works ok but im kinda leaning toward it needing some fill of R134 freon as described should i take it to honda or what do You 8th geners recommend i do for cold blowing air. ?
Old 07-01-2018

Originally Posted by rogerscivic
hey there brags its been darn near HOT .! "out here in London Ontario Canada" last few days my
A/C works ok but
im kinda leaning toward it needing some fill of R134 freon as described should i take it to honda or what do You 8th geners recommend i do for cold blowing air. ?
Honda or "any independent A/C Licensed mechanic shop that works on A/C in Ontario" can diagnose Your A/C again mine Just needed a top off of R134 freon got it topped off from a Local independent A/C Licensed shop If You go this rout Just make sure there (A/C Licensed to work on A/C) enough said. same results can be done if you find a compatible product of R134 and connect it to the Low side A/C Line. im No A/C expert in this field but from what i can gather is as long as your A/C

Compressor kicks in, or is working. You should be able to spray the product in in my case compressor was not working to draw the freon content from a similer can as shown into the A/C system if Your useing one of these bottles just make certain its got a gauge on it so You can measure the safe amount going in Your A/C system and dont end up overcharging it with to much freon thats prety critical...! lol

Last edited by brags; 07-01-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2018

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Well looks like you need a recharge, if you don't have a proper set of gauges that shows high and low do not attempt to do it yourself. Best to take it to a shop. I bought a set of gauges off amazon for like $80.
Do not put stop leak stuff in there.

Do not do what they're doing in the above video, you can still screw up the AC system since there's only the one gauge
Old 07-01-2018

Originally Posted by Colin42
Well looks like you need a recharge, if you don't have a proper set of gauges that shows high and low do not attempt to do it yourself. Best to take it to a shop. I bought a set of gauges off amazon for like $80.
Do not put stop leak stuff in there.

Do not do what they're doing in the above video, you can still screw up the AC system since there's only the one gauge
How do You No theres stop leak in the product shown? theres A/C Bottles Products that specify right on the can R134 Compatible? On a older vehicle if you dont want to go thru a scorching heat wave in the vehicle and plans are to get a newer one a year or two later Your fine useing this vary product.

many techs and few people i personaly now have used this similler product with no reprocotions. i beleive as long as Your carefull at adding Just enough freon as shown in the video it should be ok to use. squirt - squirt just enough in at a time and check gauge. But Yes on the other side of the Coin (IF Your plans are to keep Your vehicle for the Loong Haul) then Yes take it to a Licensed A/C Mechanic as mentioned from me Just to be on Safe side.

Last edited by brags; 07-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2018

The stop leak thing is a comment separate from the video.
The stop leak stuff can gum up the very expensive machines the professionals use and can gum up the AC system in your car.

You shouldn't use the single gauge system because you can't see the high side at all and can easily screw it up the AC system. Especially with how picky Honda's are and how little freon they hold.
Old 07-02-2018
Registered!!

so i started the car and as soon as I putted some freon in the fans and clutch engaged (filled to the blue pressure gauge which is ok). But it still blows hot and the clutch is activated non stop (maybe its normal, i dunno) also the fans. Maybe it needs more time to go through the system or something?
Old 07-03-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

so i started the car and as soon as I putted some freon in the fans and clutch engaged (filled to the blue pressure gauge which is ok). But it still blows hot and the clutch is activated non stop (maybe its normal, i dunno) also the fans. Maybe it needs more time to go through the system or something?
Clutch activated non-stop (compressor always on) is not normal.
Those DIY freon with gauge cans are garbage and as been advised should not be used. Also advised is not using a "stop leak" additive. With HVAC sometimes there isn't a cheap route.
May need to consult a local mechanic.
Old 07-03-2018
Registered!!

So what could be the solution to fix such an issue. I'm thinking of buying a good AC vacuum and recycler and something that can add freon at the same time. Should I just suck everything out dry and put new in?

Or it's more technical that that?
Old 07-03-2018

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Compressors can also develope a leak. Dye can be injected into the system to find leaks.
Old 07-03-2018
Registered!!

Do I need those yellow glasses with the UV light?
Old 07-03-2018

Do I need those yellow glasses with the UV light?
To be honest my knowledge of HVAC is pretty limited so maybe the mechanics here will chime in. I've used a black light at night around the engine bay to find leaks after dye was injected but for that particular car it was leaking from the evaporator under the dash. Not being able to find a leak anywhere else deduced the leak down to the evaporator. I traded the car in so I never fixed the issue.