Regular Maintenance Post Questions/Information about Regular Maintenance here

Time for a tune up

Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stussey21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Time for a tune up

Hi I was just wondering if there are and good aftermarket ignition could for an 06 civic 1.8L and what are good spark plugs to use and also are their any aftermarket fuel filter, oil filters that would last longer\ give me more power?
Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: Time for a tune up

Originally Posted by Stussey21
Hi I was just wondering if there are and good aftermarket ignition could for an 06 civic 1.8L and what are good spark plugs to use and also are their any aftermarket fuel filter, oil filters that would last longer\ give me more power?
None of those things will give you more power. Use stock plugs or OEM equivalent.

Are you a troll?
Old 10-05-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

lol.
Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Stussey21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay well what I meant by more power is that I'm sure none of these things have been replaced in well over 100k and if there was anything better to replace them with what would it be.
Old 10-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Okay well what I meant by more power is that I'm sure none of these things have been replaced in well over 100k and if there was anything better to replace them with what would it be.
I am not sure if any Hondas came with oil filterS, but if the one you do have on there has not been changed in 100k miles, then I am surprised it is still running.

Do all of the preventative maintenance listed in the manual. That should bring it back to par.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 10-12-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
None of those things will give you more power. Use stock plugs or OEM equivalent.

Are you a troll?
+1

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
I am not sure if any Hondas came with oil filters, but if the one you do have on there has not been changed in 100k miles, then I am surprised it is still running.

Do all of the preventative maintenance listed in the manual. That should bring it back to par.
Old 10-12-2015
Registered!!

ken4444 is an unknown quantity at this point

...I'm sure none of these things have been replaced in well over 100k...
Typically the oil filter is replaced when the oil is changed. If you are doing your own oil changes, you should be changing the filter. If you're paying someone else to change the oil, they should be (and probably are) changing the filter.