Engine Swaps Post Questions about Engine Swaps here

Help K20 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020
Southern_Utah_Hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SouthernCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Help K20 swap

Yo what’s up everybody, so I am ready to go on a K20 swap. I have a 98 civic hatch cx all stock. I’m ready to put some money into this baby and make it stand out at the car shows/meets. I need some help finding the right people to get this going for me. What I want.......

- go all motor for now but try to get close to 250 to 300 HP, just enough to compete with these wrx crew that go to the meets here. Which is why I’m leaning towards the k20. I need a shop in southern Utah area that could help with this.

- I want to get new interior to match my style and a new paint job for the exterior (Milano red) I need a shop in southern Utah to help me with this.

i want this to be a show car not necessarily a race car, but has enough power to hold its own on the streets. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,143 Likes on 957 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Help K20 swap

You want to spend $20k on a 22 year old grocery getter?
Old 02-06-2020
Click Here

Received 1,158 Likes on 905 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

B-swap would be a ****-ton cheaper AND easier. Just pick up an ls from a junkyard (or marketplace/craiglist) and just build it from there. No offense, but it would be idiotic to spend that much on a relatively low hp car, when you can be less than $10k all-in on a good looking (and much higher hp) turbo b-swap.

But it's your money, you do what you want with it.
Old 02-06-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,337 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Unless size is an issue I would also recommend the K24 over the K20. You can get near 300 whp N/A on a stock block (or mostly stock) with a K24. B swap would be easier though.
Old 02-06-2020
Southern_Utah_Hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SouthernCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m down for a B swap, I just had a few friends tell me that for later down the road a k swap would end up being way better than a b swap if and when I decided to turbo.

So let’s say I go B swap, anyone know of any good shops in southern Utah?
Old 02-06-2020
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Do a J swap if you want to stand out. K's and B's are everywhere.

Nope don't know of any shops.
Old 02-06-2020
Click Here

Received 1,158 Likes on 905 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Unless you plan on making REALLY high power at some point, B is fine. For the additional cost of swapping a K into an ek (mounts, harness adapter, probably a bunch of other custom stuff) you could have that invested into the engine since almost everything comes straight from an Integra (meaning no custom parts like a K would need).

Now, this is also coming from a university student. You're probably in a much different situation financially to me. I do things as cheaply as reasonably possible, so I bought a donor Integra to swap the B into my eh2 because I could get basically everything I needed for almost nothing. It's high-mileage and burns oil, but it's the cheapest thing I could find that I knew ran and drove.

But if you're just trying to stand out, J is awesome. Still pretty expensive because of all the custom parts needed, but they're torquey as hell.