Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Car stalls while driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ksplitt99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car stalls while driving

Have 1999 Civic DX, 1.6L automatic, 207K. Am selling car. Recently car has begun to stall while driving; simply shuts off. Was intermittent, now more frequent. I put in N, start up & go or it takes a few starts, then OK.
CEL has been on long before this problem with only code PO135, the 02 heat sensor. Speed Sensor/Throttle Position Sensor checked & OK. My trusted mechanic does not think the ECU [expensive], says could be distributor or Camshaft Positioning Sensor, [also expensive], but then we’re off spending money chasing problems which may not fix the issue. I have a feeling about the Camshaft Sensor though..eh, what do I know.

What do YOU guys think? Thanks for all help.

Old 07-19-2019
Registered!!

old97civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Car stalls while driving

Originally Posted by ksplitt99
Have 1999 Civic DX, 1.6L automatic, 207K. Am selling car. Recently car has begun to stall while driving; simply shuts off. Was intermittent, now more frequent. I put in N, start up & go or it takes a few starts, then OK.
CEL has been on long before this problem with only code PO135, the 02 heat sensor. Speed Sensor/Throttle Position Sensor checked & OK. My trusted mechanic does not think the ECU [expensive], says could be distributor or Camshaft Positioning Sensor, [also expensive], but then we’re off spending money chasing problems which may not fix the issue. I have a feeling about the Camshaft Sensor though..eh, what do I know.

What do YOU guys think? Thanks for all help.
P0135 is for the primary O2 sensor, did you change it? The primary sensor is the one the computer uses to calculate and inject the right amount of fuel. If it's toast the car will run rough at best and stall at worst.
Old 08-11-2019
Registered!!

Strick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Car stalls while driving

Originally Posted by old97civic
P0135 is for the primary O2 sensor, did you change it? The primary sensor is the one the computer uses to calculate and inject the right amount of fuel. If it's toast the car will run rough at best and stall at worst.
Interesting. Thanks. Another bit of info for my knowledge of Hondas.