Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

1997 d16y8 problems help please

Old 5 Days Ago
Registered!!

Outlawtrucker is an unknown quantity at this point
1997 d16y8 problems help please

So Iíll just cut to the chase I blew a coolent line thatís under the distributor/coil well I had to take it off to get to the hose to replace it and once it was replaced I put the distributor back in bolted down and all it wants to do is crank and it tryís to fire and run but thatís it can I please get some help ASAP thanks guys
Old 5 Days Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 1997 d16y8 problems help please

Distributor probably got wet and possibly damaged. Any other connectors nearby may be wet as well
Also you may have it timed wrong if you didn't put it back exactly as it was
Old 4 Days Ago
Registered!!

Okay thank Iíll give that a try and see if I have any luck I did turn the deal that goes on the cam so that probably knocked it of time huh
Old 4 Days Ago

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

the part that goes into the cam is keyed so its only supposed go in one way. however if you try really hard you can put it in 180į out of time and screw up your cam and distributor.
but with the key inserted properly, you can still rotate the distributor back and forth like 10-15į. so if you don't have the body of the distributor in the same spot as before it could cause you problems
Old 4 Days Ago
Registered!!

When you say could cause problems what do you meen by that? I have the key in the slot n the cam but I had to turn it because it was not in the exact position as the cam was
Old 4 Days Ago

have you ever seen someone adjusting the timing on like an old muscle car with a v8?
they twist the distributor back and forth, you can do that on this car as well. so if you dont have it in the same spot as before the timing could be out.
however since you have a coolant line blow something probably got wet and you haven't dried it out yet
Old 4 Days Ago
Registered!!

I appreciate ur time man Iím new to the civic world and fell in love with this lil rocket.. I get some spare time this week Iíll check everything out Iíll keep u updated
Old 1 Day Ago
Registered!!

Thanks again the civic is up and running I was 180 outa time thanks again
Old 1 Day Ago

glad you got it figured out