Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Power Door Lock - Driver Side Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fred5jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Door Lock - Driver Side Issue

I have a 2004 Civic sedan that the power door lock on the drivers side front will not lock. I can't even manually push it down. All other doors lock when I press the button on the FOB. What would be the cause of this?
Old 02-20-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Power Door Lock - Driver Side Issue

Usual suspect is a bad power lock actuator for the drivers door latch.
Easily checked with a test light or a DVOM and a little work.

-------

With the drivers door open: You MUST pull either the inner or outer handle out before you can push (or pull) the lock button. It's a Honda thing. Simple once you get used to it.

With the drivers door closed: If you still can't manually push the lock button, you may have a latch or linkage problem.
Old 02-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fred5jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Never had to replace an actuator before. Is if fairly hard as a DIY or should I have a mechanic look at it? If not, know any good YouTube videos for help?
Old 02-21-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fred5jones
Never had to replace an actuator before. Is if fairly hard as a DIY or should I have a mechanic look at it? If not, know any good YouTube videos for help?
Figure out (test/diagnose) if it really is the culprit before trying to take it out of the door. (I'd hate to tell you to change it only to have you get mad because that didn't work and it was something else.)

It's attached to the door latch. You have to remove the door latch. Got a service manual?

It's DIY for me, but nearly everything mechanical on a car is DIY for me. I can't evaluate your abilities or tools.