Cracked block early R18 Overheating Post Information, Questions and issues with the cracking block on the early R18 type engine here.

2007 cracked engine block

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2007 cracked engine block

Originally Posted by rgar98
Honda dealer in Germantown, MD just confirmed what I already knew: my '07 Civic (119,000 miles) has a cracked engine block. I smelled the coolant and found a small leak running down the front of the block although the car never overheated.

I bought the car in March 2007 so I'm not eligible for the 10-year warranty engine replacement.

The tech told me that the repair would be about $6000. (Thanks, but no thanks.)

The car was very reliable; am I crazy to consider buying another Honda?
You should contact Honda customer service. You can find the toll free number in a google search or your owners manual. If you are the cars original owner they might help you out. If you have a service history with your local dealer that is a BIIIG plus for your chances. It is worth your time to make the call. They may chip in on the cost of the repair bill. They may decide to cover the repairs entirely, they make the decision on a case by case basis. But they do cover repairs out of warranty sometimes. Good luck and make the call.
Old 08-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jathultz is an unknown quantity at this point

THE BLOCK IS ON RECALL. Go get that s**t fixed for free
Old 08-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jathultz
THE BLOCK IS ON RECALL. Go get that s**t fixed for free
Sorry, it's not a recall.

It's a warranty extension with a time limit, and, sadly, many of the affected cars are now beyond the specified time limit.
Old 08-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jathultz is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologize then but I received a letter from Honda back in 2015 for a "recall". Saying the block had a chance of cracking. I tried everything under the sun to fix it because my warranty had already ran out as well. I got that letter and speed to the dealership and was fixed for free. Sorry I wasn't a help but I have dealt with all these issues to. DRL light issue, AC compressor relay issue, and now I just received a letter 2 weeks ago about a passenger side air bag recall. Just double check?!?!?
Old 08-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jathultz
I apologize then but I received a letter from Honda back in 2015 for a "recall". Saying the block had a chance of cracking. I tried everything under the sun to fix it because my warranty had already ran out as well. I got that letter and speed to the dealership and was fixed for free.
Even though owners received the notifications in the mail and brought the letter to the dealers, we weren't allowed to do anything to the engine unless the problem (cracked and leaking block) was present, and the cars VIN report indicated it is a candidate for the repair. Pictures of the damage are required as well for proof.

DRL light issue, AC compressor relay issue,
High beam bulb blown? That happens.
The AC relay is a well known issue, and you may as well know that AC clutch and coil issues become more common as the car accumulates miles.
and now I just received a letter 2 weeks ago about a passenger side air bag recall.
DO got this recall taken care of ASAP!
If you want to check your cars recall status, see the links in my signature: