Bluetooth Post information/questions/Issues about Bluetooth connection here.

Ipod/Iphone Connectivity issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digmecolder is an unknown quantity at this point
Ipod/Iphone Connectivity issues

My girlfriend own the 2013 Civic and it constantly has connection issues. With her Galaxy, it usually works alright but will not always connect her bluetooth or have some sort of "USB ERROR" message on the dash. With an old click-wheel iPod, it will just stop playing and you have to toggle the "CD/AUX" buttons after every song in order to get it to play again or it will just stop working and flash "UNSUPPORTED" while the same iPod functions fine in our Prius. With the iPhone, if you plug it in, it recognizes it but, it will either keep "pausing" the music and no matter how many times you hit play, it will pause the music every few seconds. In addition, the dash will flash "UNSUPPORTED". We have hard rebooted the phones and iPods, turned the car on and off and the only sometimes works. We have turned off all location services in the iPhone, tried different iPods (newer generation) and it is just very temperamental about staying connected or reading it at all. Everything is being plugged into the USB input inside the center console and we have also tried old cables, new cables... everything. It's frustrating and we never want to take the car because you can't listen to anything in it. Any suggestions would be great!
Old 07-09-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ipod/Iphone Connectivity issues

Does it have an AUX connection?

Sounds like it’s some sort of issue with the car seeing as it is doing it across mutliple mobile OS and generations. Might be best to install an aftermarket unit.