Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Windshield side trim rubbers missing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rokiolo25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield side trim rubbers missing?

Hey guys!

I noticed that there's some rubber missing (probably flew off without me noticing) on the sides of my windshield trims of my 2009 Sedan Honda Civic.

Anyway, I was wondering if:

1) There's any way that I can replace/cover the missing rubbers (the other side is missing it too).
2) If I have to change the whole thing.
3) If I'm missing anything and there's something different to be done.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: Windshield side trim rubbers missing?

1.) Yes
2.) Yes from the bottom of the front windshield all the way across the roof to the back windshield.
3.) Watch for my next post after the weekend of 3/2/19 which will include details including a Honda illustration.
I replaced one side and am working on the other, I have to go buy one of the plastic clips from the Honda Dealer that holds this trim on which broke when I removed it.
Old 02-24-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tabacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Windshield side trim rubbers missing?

I have the same issue on my 06 LX civic, would be very interested in the fix.
Old 03-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: Windshield side trim rubbers missing?

Originally Posted by tabacivic
I have the same issue on my 06 LX civic, would be very interested in the fix.
Disassembly
I cut out a small section of the trim by the bottom windshield corner with a large cutter, like a sheet metal cutter. Lavishly lubricate all trim connectors with silicone spray. Then carefully cut each section of the trim at the midway point between the plastic connectors 5 - 7, see attached pdf file. Carefully straighten out the trim notches with a bladed screw driver and needle nose plyers. Apply more silicone spray lubricant to the trim notches and carefully side the trim plastic connectors out and save them for reassembly. Do this for trim pieces 5 - 7. Remove the back windshield corner of the trim by pulling it toward the front windshield and lifting it up, once it has detached from the metal roof connector, not shown in the illustration. Carefully pry the trim up from the edge closest to the center of the roof, spray abundant amounts of silicone spray under the trim. Carefully pull the trim toward the front of the car to remove the trim from the 3 trim connector pieces number 16. Thoroughly clean the trim tract area with toothbrush and dish soapy hot water.

Reassembly
Silicone spray the front 3 feet of the tracks of the new molding. Carefully insert 2 plastic prong parts of each trim clip numbers 5 - 7, so that they face the direction of the windshield. The clip #7 is the most difficult, GENTLY insert it so that the plastic prongs don't break. Spray silicone into the 4 white clips by the windshield that the clips to this trim mate with. Slide all the trim clips into position so that they align to the mating plastic slot on the car body. Carefully snap them in place starting from the windshield. The roof clips need to be angled and snapped into the trim track slot. Slide the end of the trim slot near the back windshield on to the metal post trim connector that is part of the roof. Use good rubber hand side mechanic gloves. Carefully re apply pressure to all connectors to make sure that they are properly seated. I broke 1 of these connectors doing both sides. Console illustration is for my next post a little later.
Attached Files