Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Guess this sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadkingbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Guess this sensor?

I have a 2012 Civic EX 4dr sedan that I am repairing some front end damage and there is 1 small black cylindrical sensor approximately 18mm diameter by 50mm long and mounted to the underside of the aluminum bumper reinforcement bar. I broke the arm that holds the connector to the body of the sensor so I want to replace with a new sensor but do not know the correct name. I have attached a very basic drawing I made to help explain what I'm asking. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Guess this sensor?

If it is black I would suspect a outside air temp sensor. If it is yellow or has yellow connectors I would suspect front sensors.
Old 10-17-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

That's a fantastic basic drawing, and I hate to ask this because that drawing you submitted is quite awesome, but can you snap a pic of where it goes and the actual sensor itself?

edit: I'm gonna side with mcnoople on this one. After a bit of google-fu, I came up with the same.

#2 on the drawing, "SENSOR ASSY., AMBIENT" part number 80525-S30-941, list price of ~$45, Majestic Honda (US east coast - RI) has it for $30+shipping (~$41 shipped to NV). Honda Parts Unlimited (US west coast - AZ) has it for ~$33 shipped (~$37 shipped to NV).

Here's a picture of the sensor itself, shamelessly stolen from Amazon via Google Images

Pretty darn close to the fantastic drawing you supplied.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-17-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadkingbob is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are right on, I Googled the term "air temp sensor" and found a pic instantly, Thanks again for your help.