Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Car Wash Damage??...or Honda Paint Failure??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jovial_Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
Car Wash Damage??...or Honda Paint Failure??

I paid a detailing/car wash place to clean up my 2009 Civic a couple days ago. They ran it through a fully automated exterior wash. It came out with a chunk of paint missing from the rear driver's side door molding as can be seen in the photos.

Though my vehicle has zero paint damage elsewhere, the car wash manager swore up and down it's paint failure on Honda's part and not caused by excessive force from their automated car wash. I had him fill out a damage report. He insisted that I take it to Honda or any paint place and they'll affirm the same thing.

I greatly appreciate your guys advice as to the best course of action.

Old 10-13-2017
Registered!!

310civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Car Wash Damage??...or Honda Paint Failure??

i would assume the carwash would have messed up the whole side.. if its only on the molding it could be hondas fault.. they usually have a guy for spot painting.. id say it would probably be easier getting honda to fix it instead of fighting with insurance for weeks.
Old 10-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You could probably get a new door trim piece that's already painted and just replace it

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

#14 for the left rear door

Old 10-14-2017
Registered!!

Jovial_Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

@ezone As they say...You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! I'd checked on eBay and Amazon to no avail. That dealer has it for $50 shipped. Stellar. I greatly appreciate your pointing me in the right direction. Have an awesome weekend.