Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

2012 Civic EXL TPMS Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018
Eric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ericsharp is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Civic EXL TPMS Issue

Got my 1st Honda back in February, 2012 Civic EX-L Coupe.

Bought it from a local used car dealer, who I *thought* was reliable... when I test drove the car I noticed the TPMS system light was flashing when the car turned on, and then burned steady after that. The dealership said it was probably because it was cold outside.
Anyway, fast forward to now, and I am still having the same issue. The light still flashes every time I start the car. I've looked online how to reset the system, with no luck. I have no "Calibration" menu option. I've also tried disconnecting my battery for 5 minutes, and that still did not work. All my tires are the correct pressure, including the spare.
This little yellow light is annoying, I like my dashboards clean

Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Civic EXL TPMS Issue

local used car dealer, who I *thought* was reliable
They probably are. You probably don't want understand how business (and cars) works.
Also, you apparently bought this car knowing full well there's an obvious problem with this system. Your fault for not having them fix it before you purchased it.
when I test drove the car I noticed the TPMS system light was flashing
The letters TPMS, or the low pressure icon "(!)" ?
What does your owners manual say about this? (PAGE 311)

Pretty likely it has one or more damaged, missing, dead, or dying sensors, they are almost 7 years old now.
Also it's possible they have had ample opportunities for careless tire installers to damage them during a tire change. .

I'm sure any Honda dealership can fix it if you wish to pay for it.
Old 10-15-2020
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skramer is an unknown quantity at this point

People come to these threads so they do t have to take their cars to the stealerships. Guaranteed, take the car in for a TPMS calibration and you’ll have to leave it there for hours so they can justify charging you at least $100 for a 4 minute fix
The following users liked this post:
YosoBro (02-26-2022)
Old 11-09-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skramer
People come to these threads so they do t have to take their cars to the stealerships. Guaranteed, take the car in for a TPMS calibration and you’ll have to leave it there for hours so they can justify charging you at least $100 for a 4 minute fix
You think this should be free?