Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problem with Radio, PwrDoorLocks, chime

Old 06-03-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Exclamation Problem with Radio, PwrDoorLocks, chime

Aight guys, need a lil help and some advice on what my problem is. While installing a Kenwood EQ the other day, something got ****ed up electronically during install. Once i finished hookin everything up, i goto turn it on and nothing. I rechecked the wires and all but still nothing. So I gave it a rest until the next day. Well after toying with it nothing happened and I also noticed that my power door locks dont work, my interior chime, and the dome light doesn't come on when the car is off. When the car is on the locks work, the dome works but the radio doesn't. I talked to my buddy who works over at ford, he told me to check the fuses, which I did. They were all fine. He then told me that it could be the GEM Module?
Before I go bring my car to the dealership I want someone to back up that statement. Anybody else know anything that it could be? Also I've decided to sell my exhaust parts if anyone's interested.
I'll be selling an APC Ceramic coated Header(used), Hi-flow Cat Converter(new in box), o2 sensor simulator. I'll let all these go for around $300
Thats alot cheaper than what i originally paid for all that....
Header - $400
Cat - $ 50
02 Sim - $ 50
roughly.
I'll also sell these individually if asked by these prices
Header - $200
Cat - $ 50
o2 sim - $ 50
I've decided to go back stock for now, my car needs to last me for a long time and I don't feel like sinking money into this engine anymore.
I am also selling an eBay cold-air intake if anyone wants it. It is used and i'll let it go for $40.
Any question, inquirys should be directed to XSRCivic@msn.com.

P.S. The Header -to- exhaust is modified slightly explaination -
The header is made for an ex but it was installed on an lx by removing the stock Catconverter and goes straight down to the exhaust out to the muffler. i purchased a hi-flow cat but never installed it that would need to be custom fitted because it has flanges on each end. Your first o2 sensor would plug into the bottom of the header while the other is wired to the o2 simulator. This was my original plan but like every person with a bad plan knows, it always changes. Anyways i think i've described it the best i could. laters everyone.
Old 06-04-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
You can try posting your for sale stuff in the marketplace... might go faster there.

As for your electronics prob, you may try asking the guys in the ICE forum.
Old 06-17-2003
Registered!!

DroppIN808 is an unknown quantity at this point
check the fuse under the hood, i blew mines installing the my deck too... i thought i totally messed it up cuz no chimes nothing but i changed the fuse and works now.