Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Squeeky Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeeky Clutch

Hey wuts up guys, i have a squeeky clutch, but nothing is wrong with the way the gears engage or anything like that. The clutch just squeeks. I've heard from a fellow 2k1 owner to just appy wd-40 to cable?? or line??? can someone tell me if wd-40 can harm my cable or line, and also where is this cable and or line? Thanks for the support and help!
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
There's a TSB from Honda numbered 629094 that mentions the squeek can come from the clutch master cylinder. The fix is to re-grease a fitting. You use to be able to download any .pdf's from http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr.../tsbsearch.cfm that they had available, but that doesnt seem to be the case anymore. I have the TSB, and I'd email it to you but your email address isnt listed.
Old 04-04-2003
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Squeeky Clutch

Originally posted by Andrew
Hey wuts up guys, i have a squeeky clutch, but nothing is wrong with the way the gears engage or anything like that. The clutch just squeeks. I've heard from a fellow 2k1 owner to just appy wd-40 to cable?? or line??? can someone tell me if wd-40 can harm my cable or line, and also where is this cable and or line? Thanks for the support and help!
Yeah I had the same problem. I tried to oil it my self, but it didnt work, so I brought it to the dealer. They can do it in about 10 minutes.
Old 04-04-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I brought mine to honda for the same issue. They fixed it and the warranty covered it
Old 04-04-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The squeaks come from one of the 3 following areas....
1. The pedal itself
2. The master cylinder linkage (there's a TSB for this)
3. The fork and bushings that triggers the throwout bearing.

Now if you would SEARCH the word 'clutch' in the problems forum, you'll find detailed explainations for each. So I'm not going to type them out.

1 can be solved with WD-40.
2 can be solved by the TSB at your Honda dealer
3 can be solved by re-packing the bushings with the grease used in the Odyssey sliding door.
DO NOT use WD-40 on the shift cables. They're coated in a silicone spray lube and WD-40 will eat it.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 04-04-2003 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2003
Registered!!

Swiftler is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem. My pedal was squeking everytime I pressed it down. It was the master cylinder linkage. Honda warrenty covered it completely.
Old 04-04-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine was the linkage inside the car behind the pedal itself. I sprayed some wd40 in there and it solved the problem. Almost a year and the mouse still hasn't come back...

I think most issues are with the linkage and just need to be sprayed, greased, whatever...

My '93 accord used to have something greased every year to keep it from squeeking...the dealer always did it for free as all my services and oil changes were/are done there. I think it was the return spring, can't remember now.