Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Factory Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
Factory Spoiler

I just purchased a OEM replica spoiler for my civic with the led. I was wondering what honda does when they install the spoiler with the 3rd break light in the car.. i dont want the 3rd light and spoiler light but i dont want an empty box from the light in my car also
Old 03-19-2003
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
I cant understand most of what you said...except that you got a spoiler. Do you mean you dont want the third brake to light up since you have the led on the spoiler? You can just unplug it yourself if thats the case
Old 03-19-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
No, i dont want the 3rd break light there at all.. i want to shave it odd entirely... What does honda do when you buy the car from the with the spoiler that has the led?
Old 03-19-2003
The Man, Myth and Legend

Location: Western Canada, where the beer is cold and the women are HOT!
ZMan2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
All Honda does is hook up the light in the spoiler and unplug the 3rd brake light. So the only one that lights up is the spoiler. The housing for the 3rd light is still there, it just doesn't work. As for removing it entirely, it would involve removing the rear deck, cutting out the area where the light is, and fabricating a new piece that would fit in there. If you're good with fibreglass, then go for it. But I think that most places made it a law that all newer cars have to have that light, spoiler or not.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Bowlcut7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt go through all that just to get the stupid third brake light out, thats stupid, just leave it there, its natural for every car and nobody cares that it is there, the only reason i wouldnt want it there is because of tinting, if i got my window tinted i would want that lil cubby under it tinted to, which is hard to get to
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
i had an idea once to make the 3rd light altezza style, maybe with a red bulb and a clear cover or somthing, i dunno
Old 03-22-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Dr5D
i had an idea once to make the 3rd light altezza style, maybe with a red bulb and a clear cover or somthing, i dunno
altezza style?!?! :
Old 03-22-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Bowlcut7
i wouldnt go through all that just to get the stupid third brake light out, thats stupid, just leave it there, its natural for every car and nobody cares that it is there, the only reason i wouldnt want it there is because of tinting, if i got my window tinted i would want that lil cubby under it tinted to, which is hard to get to
lol, it will prolly get rid of the rattling in the back too
Old 03-23-2003
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
All Honda does is hook up the light in the spoiler and unplug the 3rd brake light. So the only one that lights up is the spoiler. The housing for the 3rd light is still there, it just doesn't work. As for removing it entirely, it would involve removing the rear deck, cutting out the area where the light is, and fabricating a new piece that would fit in there. If you're good with fibreglass, then go for it. But I think that most places made it a law that all newer cars have to have that light, spoiler or not.
yup, all they do is unplug it...

look at the Veloz...they all have a third brake light but they never light up...