Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

hubcaps rubbing against wheel

Old 11-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mindogg is an unknown quantity at this point
hubcaps rubbing against wheel

some guy pointed at my wheels when I was driving on the freeway. When I pulled over I noticed that about a quarter of the outside of my hubcap got caught in the metal under it. My hubcap was bent before from hitting the curb which was probably why it got caught. The part that was rubbing scraped of some of the plastic but other than that there doesn't seem to be any other damage. I tried popping it back out but only manage to get part of it. Is it going to be a problem if i don't pop it out? How bad is this? I figure the guy most be pointing because he sees damage but i dunno what. any ideas?

thanx,
min
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Take the wheel off the car. From there on, you should know what to do. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Keep in mind that the hubcap is only kept on the wheel by the lug nuts.
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
that happened to me in the carwash i rubbed the rail... get 2 flathead scew drivers...big strong ones.. and gently pry it out..it nothing it's just a wheel cover.. it's not gonna affect anything... i didn't even noticed mine until somone pointed it out...then i realized where it happened...