Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

have i voided my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mastercave is an unknown quantity at this point
have i voided my warranty?

Hey guys, I've been searching and reading up on some problems on our cars and I have come upon 2 that I can relate to - the stiff shifting into 2nd and reverse, and the trunk latch. The problem with taking these into the dealership is that I have a short shifter installed and a trunk release installed. With these 2 mods, have I voided my warranty? I would rather not have to take these out before going in.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Well yeah if you put in a short shifter and your having problems with it the dealer isn't going to fix it, same goes with your trunk release, (if you installed it). You haven't voided the whole warrenty on the car though, you still have a valid warrenty on all stock equipment.
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

wizawaza is an unknown quantity at this point
install your old stuff back and then take it in if it still does it
Old 06-24-2002
Registered!!

HippyCivicEX012 is an unknown quantity at this point
whatever you replace or mod gets voided
Old 06-24-2002
Registered!!

2001CIVICLX is an unknown quantity at this point
WARRANTY INFORMATION

CHECK OUT THIS INFORMATION.

Granted, they won't fix an aftermarket part, but......

Auto Parts Customer's Bill of Rights
......You have the right to buy high-quality, reliable aftermarket performance and replacement parts- an affordable and convenient alternative to the vehicle maker's parts.

You have the right to use high-quality aftermarket parts and know that your new car warranty claims will be honored. In fact, your vehicle dealer may not reject a warranty claim simply because an aftermarket product is present. A warranty denial in such circumstances may be proper only if the aftermarket part caused the failure being claimed.

You have the right to patronize independent retail stores for vehicle parts and installation. The U.S. aftermarket offers the world's finest selection of performance and replacement parts, accessories and styling options. These aftermarket products satisfy the most discriminating customers seeking personalized vehicles for today's lifestyle.

The foregoing message is brought to you by SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association. If you would like further information on what to do and who to call if your new car warranty is denied, call the Federal Trade Commission at 202-326-3128. To receive expanded information on warranty denial, call 1-800-514-SEMA (7362). Your rights are protected through the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, 15 USC, 2302, and the Clean Air Act, 42 USC, 7541