Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Spark Plug Compability

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A A ron is an unknown quantity at this point
Spark Plug Compability

Hello,

I recently changed my spark plugs out of my 2001 Honda Civic. I had some Denso PKJ20CR-M11 in there. I went to my local auto store and they gave me Denso SKJ20DR-M11. I did further research, and my replacement ones are supposely not ones that are meant for my car. I have not experience issues. Should I go back and return the new plugs I have in and get ones that are for my car or does it not matter? Thanks
Old 09-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Spark Plug Compability

Reminds me of that scene in Mr.Mom.. Keaton is acting like a knowledgeable handyman and when asked about what voltage he was using he replied 220/230 whatever it takes.

Likely you could put those spark plugs in and they would work fine for a short time. Might as well ask some chain automotive store employees what’s a better zodiac sign to get a grasp on their automotive passion..

Old 09-02-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't they sell you plugs that are correct for the engine?
The original Denso plugs you took out were correct.
NGK PZFR6F-11 are also correct..
Old 09-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A A ron is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone please response to my question with a thoughtful answer? Has someone else done this?
Old 09-02-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

You have already been given 2 good answers.
The parts guy should not have given you the wrong plugs.
You can run them if you want but they will probably not work as well or last as long as the proper ones
Old 09-02-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a breakdown of all the numeric codes for denso plugs so I cannot tell you how far off the mark those wrong plugs are.
NGK website has the breakdown of their numbering/ID system if you hunt around.