Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Brake and belt issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake and belt issue?

On my 03 Civic LX i hit the 300,000 mark so I decided to just replace my rear shoes they were squeaking so I decided to do some general maintenance and I replaced them made sure they were on right, did great. But I took the tires off because I had broken a hubcap and it was flapping and driving me crazy so I took them all off and put the tires back on. After that when I stop the rear tires make a scrubbing noise when I stop like normal but if I hard brake you can’t hear it. Anybody have any ideas?

While I was doing some general maintenance I went ahead and replaced my belts they were squealing and the power steering belt was squeaking so I replaced them. The A/C belt only squealed when I turned the A/C on and was stopped. I replaced the belts and the squeal and squeak disappeared. The A/C system and has a lifetime warranty, there was no unusual play in the pulleys, everything was great and it never squealed until a few days later it squealed again, so do I need to readjust my belt? Is it too loose or tight?
Old 04-17-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,127 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Brake and belt issue?

sometimes you need to adjust belts after a couple days, were they oem or aftermarket?
Old 04-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
sometimes you need to adjust belts after a couple days, were they oem or aftermarket?
I wanna say oem because I got them from a big parts store where I live. The brake issue was looked at and it’s just the drum scrubbing because they weren’t turned. Just gotta figure out better shoes for the drums because I accidentally bought the organic crap ones that you have to blow the brake dust out of the drum.
Old 04-17-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,127 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mhammond1127
I wanna say oem because I got them from a big parts store where I live.
no, that would be aftermarket.
much more likely to need adjustment, after you adjust them again they'll probably be good