Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

p134 and p139 now p0420 code

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glamabilly is an unknown quantity at this point
p134 and p139 now p0420 code

So I have a set of DC sports 4-2 -1 headers, I welded in a cat so I'm legal, then just a cat back exhaust. I have ran this for years.
I have had a p134, and p139 code for a while, so I replaced my downstream O2 sensor, it sits just after the cat under the car. Then I got a p420 code within the first five mins of driving. I had to replace the flex pipe in the headers, because it was leaking, so I replaced the cat at the same time. I had an extra upstream O2 sensor so I put that on, and the bung for it is only about 6 inches from the head. Everything is new as far as the emissions is concerned, but I still get a P420 code. Any suggestions?
Old 09-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: p134 and p139 now p0420 code

I have had a p134, and p139 code for a while, so I replaced my downstream O2 sensor,
What did you do to address the P0134 code?