Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2001 Civic 4 dr LX Window issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Croixboy is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Civic 4 dr LX Window issues

I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out and thought one of you could help. The front passenger window wouldn't move, but all others worked fine. Fuse 22 was blown. I replaced the fuse and the new one blew as soon as I tried opening the passenger window.

I got a new master window switch from The Switch Dr. After installing the new switch the front passenger works fine, but now the front driver won't budge. All fuses are good.
Thinking I got a bad switch, I had them send me a new one. Same thing with the new switch, front passenger works fine but now the front driver doesn't work.

Any idea what the issue could be?
Old 09-16-2017
Registered!!

Re: 2001 Civic 4 dr LX Window issues

When I put the old switch back in the driver side works again, but passenger doesn't
Old 09-16-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like the switch.

Call them up.
Old 09-16-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
Sounds like the switch.

Call them up.
I did. They didn't have a clue and gave me a refund. I ordered another switch from someone else...we will see