Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Brake bleeding issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fd4334 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Brake bleeding issues

I have a 03 civic, replaced emergency brake cables and leaky wheel cylinder on drivers side. I tried to bleed the brakes but cannot get any fluid to the wheel cylinder. I checked the rubber flex line and it is still good. I am getting pressure to the other rear brake since that wheel wouldn't spin when pressing brake. I even left the brake line open off the wheel cylinder and had my wife work the pedal, no fluid came out, the pedal wouldn't even go to the floor, it maintained pressure.
Has anyone had a similar problem of have any ideas the cause of this. Thanks
Old 09-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Brake bleeding issues

explain the process you are using in great detail,

it can take quite a bit of time to get the fluid all the way to the rears
Old 09-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fd4334 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Brake bleeding issues

I put the new wheel cylinder on. I had my wife pump the brake a few times, hold it down then i opened bleeder screw. Nothing, she didn't even lose pedal pressure. I thought maybe the wheel cylinder was faulty so I disconnected the brake line, again had my wife push the pedal and nothing. Again didn't lose pressure at the pedal. A friend suggested that possibly my rubber flex hose had collapsed, took that off and used a syringe to push brake fluid through it, no problem. When she presses the pedal the brakes engage on the other wheel. I understand I could be pumping the brakes wrong, but if I have the line completely disconnected, i don't think I would have any pressure at the pedal. #stumped