Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

help to figure out what this part is

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aby86 is an unknown quantity at this point
help to figure out what this part is

Hi everybody, I just purchased my first project civic and I am now shopping for parts... It's a 2001 civic EX d17a2... I need to replace the head gasket and I am trying to buy all the OEM Honda gaskets separately to save some money... I have found all the part numbers by researching the forum, but I need help to figure out what that gasket or o-ring is. It's the one circled in red in the attached photo. Anyone that can help? Thank you
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	06110PLD010.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	90032  
Old 07-19-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help to figure out what this part is

Youll actually save money by buying the gasket kit.

Check out my head gasket link in my signature. Itll help you out. I dont ever recall getting that.. Ring.. Thing.. In my gasket kit
Old 07-19-2017
Registered!!

I can't find any link in your signature... anyway the cheapest OEM head gasket set that I was able to find costs about $180... sourcing all the OEM gaskets and seals separately on the same website plus new exhaust studs, bolts and nuts, plus a handful of extra seals all adds up to about $140.... all I need is to find out what that ring is... thanks
Old 07-19-2017
Registered!!

Ok Found the link... It wouldn't come up before... anyway I already had a look at your post a few days ago and it was very helpful in figuring out the part numbers... thank you!