Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Transmission questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dsuhmibt1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission questions.

I have a 2001 civic ex coupe with a fresh D17a swap. My transmission will shift in to every gear just fine it is just trying to get the stick to move from the left to the right and vice versa. Sometimes i have to use both hands to get the stick to move to the left just to go in to first than it slides fine to second, have to use most of my strength to push it over the little bit it needs to go in to third, goes in to forth just fine and have to push hard to get it to move over for fifth. and the same for down shifting. it again goes in to each gear without any problems, just moving the stick from right to left or left to right. It doesn't snap back like it should.
I have tore out the center console, unhooked the cables from the stick and the stick moves freely. also went under the hood and unhooked the cables from the transmission and the cables move fine also. the one lever on the transmission moves with ease and the other is hard to move. what could the problem be and how hard of a fix is it? i am hoping i don't need a new transmission. Thank you!

FIXED!!
The problem was where the linkage hook's to the transmission. the arm that moves was practally rusted in one position. a little P.B. blaster and brute force and problem solved.

Last edited by dsuhmibt1987; 07-16-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Fixed the problem