Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cruise Control not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shinorei is an unknown quantity at this point
Cruise Control not engaging

So I have a 2005 Civic LX coupe 5 speed and a couple weeks ago my cruise stopped working. The light comes on but it doesn't engage, I checked the fuses and they seemed to be fine, i also replaced the buttons on the steering wheel. When I push the clutch or the break it does disengage the cruise light. Any ideas guys? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cruise Control not engaging

Cable problem somewhere between the actuator and throttle body?
Actuator problem?

Need to do some investigating on your own here.
Control unit and actuator and cable are all in the engine compartment.
Old 07-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shinorei is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cruise Control not engaging

Problem was the crappy plastic that holds the cruise cable on the throttle body broke so the cable was just hanging, picked up a throttle body from a Upull for $33, hoping everything works.