Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 honda civic ex haven't started since

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02hondaex is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 honda civic ex haven't started since

So about an month ago I was going home everything was fine then as I stop at stop sign and gave it gas to go it just stalled. My music ,ac radio, blinkers worked so I figured it wasn't an electrical issue. So I got it look at by a mobile mechanic and he changed my timing belt,new coils and spark plugs also put sea foam in my gas tank. When it turns over she wants to start but falls short we tried starting fluid as well and didn't start the car. The car is getting spark and fuel but I'm at dead end So please help greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 honda civic ex haven't started since

any lists oddly staying lit on your instrument cluster?
Old 06-17-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02hondaex
So about an month ago I was going home everything was fine then as I stop at stop sign and gave it gas to go it just stalled. My music ,ac radio, blinkers worked so I figured it wasn't an electrical issue. So I got it look at by a mobile mechanic and he changed my timing belt,new coils and spark plugs also put sea foam in my gas tank. When it turns over she wants to start but falls short we tried starting fluid as well and didn't start the car. The car is getting spark and fuel but I'm at dead end So please help greatly appreciated.
only light on is the (SRS) light but that light been on since I got the car
Old 06-19-2017
No Fracs Given

FracKen is an unknown quantity at this point

What led the mechanic to change the timing belt? i.e. did the timing belt break?

you said MOBILE mechanic, did he do this all on the side of the road? if so are you sure he actually changed the timing belt and not the accessory belts?

if the timing belt was actually gone and he changed the timing belt are you 100% certain that the crank and cams are aligned correctly?

On a side note, if he did do the timing belt, did he do the water pump as well?
Old 06-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Tow it to a real mechanic?
Old 06-20-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FracKen
What led the mechanic to change the timing belt? i.e. did the timing belt break?

you said MOBILE mechanic, did he do this all on the side of the road? if so are you sure he actually changed the timing belt and not the accessory belts?

if the timing belt was actually gone and he changed the timing belt are you 100% certain that the crank and cams are aligned correctly?

On a side note, if he did do the timing belt, did he do the water pump as well?
yes he changed water pump and crank and cam
sensors as well.
Old 06-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Can you do a compression test?