Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Wet floor in Driverside floor pan.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017
Huckin' Hippie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
redrocket87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wet floor in Driverside floor pan.

With the warm weather here I went to do an interior clean and when I went to pull out the floor mats I noticed that the carpet looked wet. I put my hand down on the floor and it was soaked! The other sections of the floor were dry, it was only the Driverside floor pan that was soaked. I could actually wet vac up the water, when I press my hand down it looked like the water was about 1/2" deep. I dried it out the best I could, but it's still wet. I'm thinking it's the Driverside door seal as I can't see it coming in through the ventilation tubing or I figure it would show up in other areas. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 04-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wet floor in Driverside floor pan.

Got sunroof? Drain tube detached from exit point?

I had one where it had dried out seam sealer and it had cracked open, in a corner near where the fender/firewall meet just below the bottom corner of the windshield, drivers side.

There was probably a gallon of water in the carpet and under the carpet, I had to strip the interior and raise the rugs, shop-vac what water I could see and squeeze out of the carpet...... and then put a big ol fan blowing into the car overnight.

See thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-lx-coupe.html
Old 04-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't get that much water as you this year but I have crappy all-weather mats that cause the melted snow to leak into the carpet beneath. Doesn't help that I backup the driveway and park on a slant to the left and all the snow melt runoff leaks over the mat and into the carpet. I'm too cheap for the fancy WeatherTech mats with a rim to contain the snow melt.
Old 04-28-2017
Huckin' Hippie

I do have a sunroof so I will check and let you know, I also have Weather Tech Mats.
Old 04-29-2017
Huckin' Hippie

NDNV, I picked up a full set ( 2 Fronts and the Back )
of Weather Tech Mats off kijiji for $100. and they were like new!
Old 05-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by redrocket87
NDNV, I picked up a full set ( 2 Fronts and the Back )
of Weather Tech Mats off kijiji for $100. and they were like new!

Damn, I'm jealous. Don't see them for sale in my neck of the woods...