Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic VTI 1996 - Disable reversing chimes??

Old 11-03-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zoomclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Civic VTI 1996 - Disable reversing chimes??

Hi = Just bought my 1st Honda, and find the constant beeping chimes when in reverse to be a pain in the butt!

Anyone know how to disable this - I don't have a manual for it yet!

Thanks

Jon
Old 11-04-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Civic VTI 1996 - Disable reversing chimes??

Is the chime in the interior of the car or the exterior of the car. Some people install backup beepers on the outside to warn pedestrians about their car.
Old 11-04-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zoomclub is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - thanks for your reply - no the chimes are internal - doesn't have reversing sensors - just whenever car is put in reverse annoying beeps which i want to disconnect!
Old 11-04-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

*WWSWD?*
Use your ears to locate the source of the noise, then follow the wires to find the rest of the system.

Maybe previous owner added something? Figure out what it is and why it's there before chopping wires.

Any non-original wiring under the dash or attached to the reverse lights wiring?

I'm not familiar with a factory installed beeper that sounds while in reverse, other than the parking sensor system that has the ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper, and IIRC Honda didn't start giving us those until the mid 2000s or so in the USA, but they have been available in the aftermarket for quite a while. I've also seen the same sensors used as blind spot detectors.

Search this Thread