Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2004 civic ex A/C not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jessica19699 is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 civic ex A/C not working properly

I have a 2004 civic ex and I have been dealing with an a/c issue since the beginning of summer and cant seem to figure it out, when I first start to drive it in the morning the a/c seems to work great but after about 10 to 15 mins later of driving it the air pressure coming out of the vents seems to lessen and the air turns warm then hot, I used to be able to make it to work early in the morning with no issues and it would only happen in the afternoon returning home from work but now it is doing it in the morning as well I had the Freon checked at it isn't low or to much In the system, I replaced the cabin filter also(I was told it could be that) and it still does it I been told it could be the low pressure switch or the compressor clutch slipping anyone had this experience and if so what is the cause and fix for this, I appreciate any help thanks,
Old 07-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
emich is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2004 civic ex A/C not working properly

It could be any of the things you mentioned except the cabin filters
Originally Posted by jessica19699
I have a 2004 civic ex and I have been dealing with an a/c issue since the beginning of summer and cant seem to figure it out, when I first start to drive it in the morning the a/c seems to work great but after about 10 to 15 mins later of driving it the air pressure coming out of the vents seems to lessen and the air turns warm then hot, I used to be able to make it to work early in the morning with no issues and it would only happen in the afternoon returning home from work but now it is doing it in the morning as well I had the Freon checked at it isn't low or to much In the system, I replaced the cabin filter also(I was told it could be that) and it still does it I been told it could be the low pressure switch or the compressor clutch slipping anyone had this experience and if so what is the cause and fix for this, I appreciate any help thanks,
Old 07-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Follow along?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...or-issues.html
Old 07-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jessica19699 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ezone I will try this out
Old 07-30-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, that thread may or may not be the same problem as your car.