Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Thermostat goes up, heater blows cold air

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rystalcayyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thermostat goes up, heater blows cold air

Hi, i have a 2004 Honda Civic Ex . Just recently, i noticed my heater was blowing cold air but the thermostat goes all the way up . And then all of a sudden , the thermostat will go back to normal and my heat works fine again for about 5 minutes then repeats. I brought it to the shop and got my car check out . My radiator was leaking so i got that replaced . I also replaced the soft hoses and thermostat. I checked my water pump and heater core and they were fine. After the shop, my heater and thermostat was working fine. But it hasnt been a week yet and its acting funny again . Winter is early this year and i need to get this fixed asap. Anything can help ! TIA.
Old 11-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thermostat goes up, heater blows cold air

Head gasket is blown.