Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 honda civic help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
petrie is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 honda civic help

2002 honda civic won't start cranks all day!! Timing is good compression is good got fuel to the injectors and spark! Got new cat on it though that was the problem it started and ran after I got the cat put on then all of the sudden got no power it died and now won't start again! My engine light comes on for about 20 secobds and then blinks 5 times I know this means the monitor systems aren't checking out but can't get them to check right until I drive it a few times! If anyone has any Info that would be great been trying to figure out why it ran for a few minutes then died again and wont start!
Old 06-22-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2002 honda civic help

Timing is good
You positive about that? What's the spec? How did you check it?
compression is good
What numbers did you get?

got fuel to the injectors
But are the injectors getting a pulse?
Is it actually gasoline? Contaminated fuel is very real.

and spark!
Are the spark plugs wet or dry?

Got new cat on it though that was the problem it started and ran after I got the cat put on then all of the sudden got no power it died and now won't start again!
What was wrong with the old cat?
Is the new cat bad?

A poorly running engine can ruin a new cat in only minutes. I've seen it done.

My engine light comes on for about 20 secobds and then blinks 5 times I know this means the monitor systems aren't checking out but can't get them to check right until I drive it a few times!
Ignore that for now.

Got any codes?

Shoulda maybe continued your original thread?
Old 06-22-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2002 honda civic help

Your car is not 8-9th gen and you are not posting an diy article to help others. Closed!