Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

car randomly bogs out when driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2oo3EX is an unknown quantity at this point
car randomly bogs out when driving

hi i have a 2003 honda civic with a new engine block just put in. When im driving along at random times it doesnt seem to matter if the engine is hot or cold it will begin to bog out. I will give it gas but all it will do is sputter with barely any power to the wheels. But if I put the clutch in and rev it up it will fix it for a few seconds and also if i shut the engine off and turn it back on it will come out of it for a few minutes. But sometimes it doesnt even do it at all. Im just wondering what is causing this, i thought it was the fuel filter but napa told me that it is sepposed to never have to be changed. I think it might be the fuel pump going or just as simple as water in the gas. Does anyone have any ideas or has this happen to them?
Old 05-14-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: car randomly bogs out when driving

Check wire harness ground wires that are supposed to be bolted to the engine.
First is the small wires bolted near the thermostat housing.
Old 05-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2oo3EX is an unknown quantity at this point

can't seem to find any missed wires, everything seems to be attached. I can't figure it out, its also got an extremely high idle and im thinking its IAC sensor im not sure if it would **** with that too but i can really say for sure. I am going to a shop to get it scanned since idk anyone with a scanner but that isnt until next week so any ideas on what could be causing this would be great.
Old 05-16-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to a shop to get it scanned since idk anyone with a scanner
Many parts stores will read codes for free.