Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Should I buy an '03 hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
randomlyrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Should I buy an '03 hybrid?

My wife and I recently decided that we need to purchase a more economical vehicle as I am currently piloting a '86 F350 dually diesel and she has an '03 Odyssey. Neither of these are very fuel efficient. She will be starting a new job soon where a lot of around town driving will be involved. We've noticed that there are many '03 Civic Hybrids coming onto the used market. I'm guessing this is because their 10 year warranties are expiring. I've tried searching forums and the like for information regarding them, but can't seem to find much on my own. Could you please provide me with any knowledge or experiences you may have? Maybe even links to threads of information? Thank you all so very much!

-rob
Old 03-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Should I buy an '03 hybrid?

personally i would never want to own any hybrid car without a warranty....but thats just my opinion....

also remember the car is ten years old....if you have a certain budget in mind i think you would be better off spending the same amount of money on a newer standard civic....

Last edited by mikey1; 03-19-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Its risky buying a car like that, your only major concerns on those years would be the transmission and the battery. I would have it looked at by a dealer before purchasing.

Not sure the validity of this site, but it is only one of a dozen from the google wizard...(not always reliable). I would make sure any car you get that is a hybrid used gets checked out first.

http://www.hondaproblems.com/Civic_Hybrid/
Old 03-19-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

ALSO

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ml#post4580011