Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Heater problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SebastienL is an unknown quantity at this point
Heater problem

I have a 2004 honda civic and I have some intermittent problem with the heater. Its beginning to be cold out here and I need some warm air that I dont have right now, well not always. It happened in the past a couple of times and it been solved but I dont know really what was wrong. The fan is working well because I do have air coming out from the vents. The problem is that its cold even if the motor is hot. Sometimes its working fine but not always. If I'm on the highway, it's fine, if I'm waiting somewhere while the motor is still running, there is only cold air but somehow, sometimes I can get some hot air by turning the AC on, switching the position for the air from feet to defrost or whatever. But there is really nothing that works all the time. The air filters for inside the car have been changed last month. I did have some problems last year with overheating but it has been fixed since. Anyone have any idea?
Old 11-20-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heater problem

I did have some problems last year with overheating but it has been fixed since.
What was fixed?

Sounds like it needs a head gasket job.
Old 11-21-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ezone
Sounds like it needs a head gasket job.
I'm amazed, a little, about how many of this generation for civic are going to die or be seriously damage because of this issue.

I hope mine becomes a collectors item in ten years or so. I'll never sell based on what I know now and the fact the it can be fixed so easily if you're mechanically competent.
Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

D Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you had problems with overheating, its possible that you have a leaky head gasket.
Old 01-03-2015
Registered!!

Brian P is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes pretty much sums it up .I wish i had my 2003 astra back wonderful heater .Lesson learnt.
Old 01-03-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The heaters work great ---as long as people keep the antifreeze full.
Old 01-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ezone
The heaters work great ---as long as people keep the antifreeze full.
How about a bad thermostat? How often is the heater needed where you live Matt_75?
Old 01-03-2015

Originally Posted by 06 EX Mild Mods
How often is the heater needed where you live Matt_75?
He's in Hawaii, I'd guess not very often.

In other news, 2 year old thread is 2 years old. LOL