Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

03 Civic Blower Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gitrguy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic Blower Circuit

I know this topic has been posted many times but I could not find an answer still to my question. I have a 2003 Civic LX and the blower motor will not kick on. I tested the motor itself and it is functional. I went ahead and replaced the relay under the hood in the fuse box and that did not solve the issue. I then took out the transistor and took a multimeter and tested the 3 resistors inside. All of those checked out. After I put the transistor unit back in, I tested power wire (blue/white) for the blower motor with a multimeter and it isnot getting power. Could it be a bad wire from the relay to the motor? Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Old 09-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 03 Civic Blower Circuit

No power on the blu/wht wire at the motor: Did you check with the key ON, and the blower relay in place?

Fuse 14 (10 amp) under the dash
Fuse 12 (big square one, 40 amps) in the engine compartment box

Blowing the power transistor is probably more common than having a blower motor bad or popping a fuse. But the transistor controls the ground, not the power for the motor.

You have a meter, now you need a wiring diagram and apply some logic to it.
Do you know how to check live circuits by backprobing?
Do you know how to check a relay? Bypass a relay?
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp