Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My 2002 EM2 (Re)Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2 Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2002 EM2 (Re)Build thread

Hey guys Just wanted to post my 2002 civic LX 1.7L MT that Ive been working to fix on the forum so you guys can see the transformation happening. A little history on the car: I bought it a few years ago from a towing company for $800. It was trashed on the inside, and need some stupid mechanical things like brakes and tires. My dad put the brakes and tires (I did not know anything about turning wrenches back then), so i drove it and loved it. About Six months later i had made a left turn onto a street and was going about 20MPH when this lady rounded the blind turn behind me way to fast, drove off the road, swerved back on the road, clipped the back of my car and sent me into the woods. i was fine but the car was and still is in rough shape. the worst part was is that the cop who showed up on scene did not have his flashlight and claimed on the police report that the front of my car hit the side of her car (even though the front of my car had 0 damage . Anyway, Ive been driving a jeep the past 2 years since the accident and now me and my dad (who has been doing body work for 40 Years) are going to fix the car .

I have already bought all the body parts for the car (fenders, rear bumper ext.) and decided that i would changed the front of the car over to the 04-05 body style since i like it better, and my dad gets parts for really cheap. I think you guys are gonna think this car is a real POS when you see it , but its gonna look much better when the body work is done and it gets a fresh paint job.

The project is going to be done the right way, (which is not the quickest way) so it will be a while before its on the road again.

I have also purchased a few mods I plan on putting in the car:
  • EP3 Front seats
  • Eibach pro-kit springs on tokico HP blue struts
  • 03-05 civic rear seats , center console, and ebrake lever
  • 04-05 civic Front bumpers, hood, fenders, headlights, grill
The project is going to be done the right way, (which is not the quickest way) so it will be a while before its on the road again.
So guys tell me what you think!