Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

lights for switches

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicUnrest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: lights for switches

Indeed those control ***** are beatches to come off. I'm glad you managed. I had no tricks asides from finding a thin enough string to feed it underneath the ***** and winding it a couple of times, so that I could pull those ***** up. They sure were tight and I had to pull up on the string as well with the front cover to break them loose.

Long story short, I bought a spare stock stereo to replace mine because the display cover was all spotty. I found out that I needed a 'code', and I couldn't get one because I didn't know the particulars of the seller's old deck, so I had to swap front covers instead. For shame, because when my battery dies, I'm hooped because I didn't get a code for mine either (checked glove box interior and exterior side panels)....used shizzy...what does Honda expect from 8 year old used stock stereos, to be all stolen?! I guess the next stock deck I get, I'll have to get all the particulars from the previous owner and hope they have the secret code. I wish the codes were user editable. Sigh. I guess I'll have to buy another, but I'll have ample spare orange condoms. ;p

BTW, I tried one of those stereo condoms and it fits good on the mirror bulb.