Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Just need some info from fellow 7th gen AUTO users

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough
Just need some info from fellow 7th gen AUTO users

I haven't had my car all that long so I don't know. The shifter indicator on the console, didn't light up. I replaced the bulb, now it does. My question is is there a slider on the shifter itself that darkens up the gear you are in or anything? Or is it just lit up and that is it. The dash shows what gear you are in, so it is useable, just wanting to know if there is anything on the console.
Send a pic of yours at night if you need too...
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just need some info from fellow 7th gen AUTO users

its just a dash light for the lower console. pretty useless since you cant see where the shifter lines up anyway, but ive never had any problems figuring out which gear im in and i dont even have the selector on the gauges either.
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just need some info from fellow 7th gen AUTO users

Originally Posted by gearbox
its just a dash light for the lower console. pretty useless since you cant see where the shifter lines up anyway, but ive never had any problems figuring out which gear im in and i dont even have the selector on the gauges either.
Ok, that is all I needed to know. I am used to American mades. Every auto I've ever had that has a console shift has one. Details just drive me nuts, not really a "problem." I do have the selector on the dash and don't have any trouble, just wondering....