Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Radio Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Shut Off

Hey guys, so I was driving my 2002 Civic Ex today, and all of a sudden the radio shut off, I attempted to turn it back on, and had no luck. Then turned the car off and on then checked to see if it had an effect but no luck. So the car will start and run and all but the radio just wont work. The lights and even outlet will work just not the radio. Also to note, is that when I shut the engine off but not the battery, the lights will work but my dashboard will not light up, not sure if this is normal but i'm just noticing it now or what. Just trying to get me radio back!

Thanks a bunch for the help in advance,
Carowcliffe
Old 01-20-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio Shut Off

hmm any recent mods? loose connection? did you smell anything burning? is it the stock radio?
Old 01-21-2011
Registered!!

Um no recent mods, no out of the ordinary smell either, um yes it is the stock radio, the only thing installed is a cassette to ipod cord I was using until I upgraded.
Old 01-21-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well if youre interested, i have a dx stereo (no cd/tape) i can sell you for $15. its the coupe version with amber backlights and you wouldnt really need the cd anyway since you can still plug in the ipod adapter to the back like you have now. it still has a cd changer port. that would tell you if its the deck that went bad (more than likely, and the ex cd player always has the most problems).
Old 01-21-2011
Premium Member

pics of the dx stereo. there is a small crack in the outside trim thats hardly visible in the top left corner.

Old 01-21-2011
Registered!!

Thanks a bunch guys! Good news! I was able to go to AutoZone today and grabbed a new fuze and it did the trick! Bad news is I don't have my radio code :/ so I sent you a pm gearbox with my S/N, maybe you can help me out?