Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 EX Civic - Radio Problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaPeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2002 EX Civic - Radio Problem ??

I posted yesterday about having the compliance bushings replaced on my car. Car has another problem with the radio. They really don't work on radios - but I thought it might be an electrical problem.

Symptoms: When it's very cold outside - until the car warms up a lot - radio is static-atty on the FM stations - AM is ok. Also, on with FM or AM - if I put the rear window defogger - radio gets more static-atty. My independent mechanic replaced the antenna module. It didn't fix the problem (and I wasn't charged if you are interested).

Has anyone ever experienced this problem and what fixed it?
Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MonKy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2002 EX Civic - Radio Problem ??

I have the same problem.
When i use the radio for FM/AM & turn on the rear defroster there will be a lot of static.. & it doesn't go away.
I dunno if its the tints but i only noticed it after the were put on.. which was like 3 days after i got the car. I've read somewhere that there may be a short with the window antennae & the rear window defroster.. dunno
Old 01-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

don't think the radio have anything to do in the suspension forum
Old 01-09-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

moved. window tint can affect reception if its metallic based. i recently stripped off my rear tint and reception is better than before. i never use the defroster and actually its broken anyway so cant comment on that part. but since they share the same lines, im betting maybe a loose ground can cause problems. inspect the rear window lines and see if there are any breaks or parts lifting off the glass. some stereos are also better than others depending on the tuner it uses. my sony is clearer than the honda unit for finding stations.