Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda 2005 Acceleration issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shakeelmscw is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Honda 2005 Acceleration issue

Car normally works fine without any issue. but occasionally stop acceleration no matter how hard we press the accelerator but engine stays started, some time without engine light and some time when this problem occur Engine light switch on automatically. To solve this issue i simply switch off the engine and start again, this solves the both problems (light off and acceleration ok). but if do it quickly problem occurs again within 5 minutes.

Some mechanics have tried to solve the issue by changing the plugs then computer kit(temporary replaced with other used kit) then opened the fuel pump and tried to clean the fuel pump then fixed again. But problem is still there:

Now problem is that, Every mechanic is giving different solutions. I am confused which one is correct.

One is saying problem is with fuel pump and stairing pump.
other is saying problem is with plug coils and some other adjustment only.

Can anyone help me to solve the issue?
Old 01-01-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda 2005 Acceleration issue

you really need to have the engine light checked. it will tell you exactly what the problem is. since 05 uses a mechanical throttle cable, it should be working all the time unless there is a sensor problem. and there is no way to start guessing what it is.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

shakeelmscw is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Honda 2005 Acceleration issue

Originally Posted by gearbox
you really need to have the engine light checked. it will tell you exactly what the problem is. since 05 uses a mechanical throttle cable, it should be working all the time unless there is a sensor problem. and there is no way to start guessing what it is.
Thanks for your reply.

Now i have changed the fuel pump and manifuel(don't know what exactly it is called) without sensor.

Menifuel sensor color is white. can you sugest me to change that sensor?

Now the position is this.

When i start the car, it starts perfectly then when i travel about 40 km and whenever i reduce speed and try to increase speed again it stops taking acceleration even i press full accelerator but after pressing few times the vehicle again take accelerator and start going, but now after going about 1 minute engine light appear(may be it also called check light) and also acceleration stop will re-occer soon may be 2-3 minutes. If i stop vehcile then engine will also stop(off). But when we swith on again vehicle starts ok also check light cleared. this repeats...

i think when the vehicle heat up then the problem appears.

Please sugest me any solution.
Old 01-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

If you already changed the fuel pump, it almost sounds like there is a problem with the fuel injectors not spraying properly. but again its just a guess. the engine light will tell you the problem.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

find out what the code is... that will narrow it down... seems like ur not getting enough fuel could be a lot of things... fuel pump, dirty injectors, bad fuel pressure regulator
Old 06-23-2014
Registered!!

onébinmieux is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe you should check the connection of the fuel pump, ground cable, under the passenger seat ,i had the same problem with my civic 2005