Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2001 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
giafam4 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Honda Civic

Having problems revin up 4000 only happens sometimes, replaced transmission
did not solve problem. does anyone have a solution, Forgot also replaced sensor
could it be fuel pump

Last edited by giafam4; 05-15-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 Honda Civic

check engine light? I know there are some codes that can be thrown that limits engine RPMs to about 4000..
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Your having revving issues and your first thought was to replace the transmission? I sure hope you replaced it for other reasons. The car quite possibly entered "Limp home mode". If it has, it will give you a check engine light, get the code checked and post back here to get a solution. If there is no check engine light, it will be very hard to diagnose over the internet.
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

it could be throwing a code without the light lit.. then again, those codes don't throw the car into limp mode. I once forgot to reconnect a sensor and the car went into limp mode without a CEL, so you may wanna make sure all your sensors are properly connected.
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ If that were the case though it would be in limp mode all the time. He says it only happens sometimes, so limp mode might not be the problem... hmm.. need more details and a code check
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

could be a faulty sensor connection (or faulty sensor itself) vehicle vibrations can cause it to spuriously connect and disconnect causing intermittent limp-mode-ness..

Just pulled that out of my ***, but sounds feasible..
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Damn faulty connectors... half the time i cant get them disconnected, and then when they go back on it's hard to tell if they are on properly!
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

*click* usually means they are.. lol
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Thought it was *Click* *Snap* *"F%$#?$#"* ??? I don't know what manual your getting your information from but mine is way better lol
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

actually, it's really *grumble grumble* get the f-- *slip and skin thumb* GAAAAAAAFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!! *blood* *gentle push* *click*
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

1 connector = 1 beer. Mine are way too dirty to click anyway... Damn Canada salt
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

road salt = teh sux..

then again, I would have been more than happy to have road salt when I was living in WA state winter 08-09.. They didn't wanna salt the roads because it would "hurt the salmon."

P.S. I think we've officially thread-jacked 2 different threads simultaneously
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Yea there are advantages to road salt and disadvantages, the car takes a **** kicking because of it. I maintain my cars good, get them sprayed, and have the electronic rust protection and the vic' is STILL corroding and rusting. Not nearly as bad as others I've seen in the area but more than it should for a four year old car. But I think any rust is too much haha. I have to admit though, the body on the vic is perfect, no rust at all, its all the other metal stuff underneath and under the hood. I leave for work at 4am, literally right after the salt trucks have done their thing and before anyone else has come to spread it around. I'm driving through salt half an inch thick or more
Old 05-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

lol.. sucks.. I live in Vegas now and if my car ever sees road salt down here I'd assume hell froze over.
Old 05-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Haha yea, but even vegas has its issues... get any sun spots or anything like that on cars down there? I've heard of it, never seen it though We should start a "Chat" thread or something, so people don't get mad... or confused
Old 05-22-2010
Registered!!

fair_280zx is an unknown quantity at this point

I am have a simular problem mine is a top dead center sensor. I am on here looking for a rvangt he has an old post on it it might help u.
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

took the car to a honda dealer and after keeping it there for two days they told me they couldnt duplicate the problem. I told them the car had to run and get warm finally they did it and came back with the cam sensor being the problem i don't know if i want to invest another six or seven hundred dollars
Old 05-25-2010
Registered!!

fair_280zx is an unknown quantity at this point

some one just put a post up on how to fix this problem on the dyi secction I just bought the sensor today for 48.00 and a gasket set. the tread has a step by step with photos takes 1 to four hours give it a shot the dealer is a rip off.
Old 05-26-2010
Registered!!

ok one more time i am ready to leave the car out for the taking the sensor i was told to replace by honda dealer was already replaced the first time i took the car to another mech. then i was told it was the transmission replaced that, now the dealer is telling me its the sensor that was already replaced so went back to first mech. and he said it could be the computer for the car what now?
Old 05-26-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Find yourself a decent mechanic lol... or take it to another one for even more confusion.