Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

01 Civic SRS DTC 4-1...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver6 is an unknown quantity at this point
01 Civic SRS DTC 4-1...

I've been trying to diagnose the issue with my SRS indicator as I would like to have my airbags deploy if needed. I pulled the DTC code 4-1 (Open or no resistance in passenger side seat belt tensioner). I just replaced the tensioner and buckle assembly and reset the SRS memory and I'm still throwing a DTC 4-1.

Now the service manual FIRST says to replace the tensioner and buckle assembly, then if that doesn't work to replace the ground harness. Now before I tear into my entire interior to replace some wiring, I was wondering if anyone else had some insight into what might be wrong? Or maybe someone knows of some certain problem areas in the harness? Tearing into a wiring harness is NOT something I look forward to since I will have to tear up miles of electrical tape just to inspect the wires...

Any help or insight is GREATLY appreciated. I would love to take my Civic to a dealership and have the warranty work done for free, however my Civic has a rebuilt title and the dealerships wont touch it...
Old 05-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond reputeSteveA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 Civic SRS DTC 4-1...

How does one pull an SRS code outside of going to the dealer? I have an OBD II reader but had read here that they will not read SRS codes. I reset the SRS on numerous occasions with a paperclip but am now trying to figure out what the cause is. I am hoping it is the seatbelt tensioner since I have read there is a lifetime warranty. Thanks and sorry I could not answer your particular question.