Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Dual Exhaust Tip???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drewski498 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Dual Exhaust Tip???

Hey I was curious if there were any dual exhaust tips out there that would fit a 2005 honda civic ex special edition without having to do any mods on the rear bumper. I went to a local auto parts store and found a dual exhaust tip. When I took it to my car to see if it fit, it did, but the tip stuck out way to far. If anyone knows if there is an easy, bolt on dual tip that is sized so that it sits further back on the stock pipe let me know. Otherwise, would I have to just cut the stock pipe closer to the muffler so that the tips sit further back? If I did that, would it change the sound of the stock muffler because I dont want to make it louder by any means. I like the quiet stock sound. Thanks for the help everyone!!!
Old 01-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicpapi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dual Exhaust Tip???

I would take it to a muffler shop, test fit a few tips that clear the bumper and have them weld it on, chances are they will have to cut the stock tip a bit. Another thing, check the diameter of the stock pipe to the tip you will be getting.
Old 01-24-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Dual Exhaust Tip???

Sup noobies!?

The sound wont change a bit.

An exhaust shop will be able to bend the end of your stock exhaust down a bit, and cut it if needed, to accommodate a dual tip.

Please dont extend your exhaust beyond your bumper, it looks hella ricey. Some tips I've seen just have a screw(s) that holds them on, so they dont need to be welded.