Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2 Problems: Car wobbles, Knocking kind of sound when steering to left

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_Rocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2 Problems: Car wobbles, Knocking kind of sound when steering to left

Hello Friends,

I have a Honda Civic 2005 Exi. I am having two problems which are not fixed till now.

1- The first problem is that car wobbles while in speed of 20-40 Km/h. I have performed the wheel alignment and balance but the problem is still there. Pleas support in this.

2- The second problem is, while car is still and I steer towards left, then a knocking sound is generated. This sound is only generated when someone is sitting on the left side and is not generated when there is no load on the left side of the car. The car is right handed. Two days back, I have been to the workshop and they said that the left shock needs to be lubricated, afterward, they lubricated the left shock and knocking sound was vanished. As after removing/replacing shocks, wheel alignment is required, So I went for the wheel alignment right after the lubrication of shocks, and did the wheel alignment. Again after alignment, this sound started again. I don't know what is the root cause for this problem. Please support.

Please note that my car's mileage is 90,000 Kms. And few days back, I have replaced the rack ends and rack slider as well. The knocking sound was appearing before replacement of rack ends also.

regards,