Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP!!!! WITH SECURITY?!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazybluehonda is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!!! WITH SECURITY?!!!!!

I HAVE A 2K1 CIVIC AND PUTTING IN COMPUSTAR CAR ALARM. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BYPASS MY STOCK ALARM TO HAVE MY REAL ALARM INSTALLED TODAY. I WAS SOLD A RELAY FOR MY SECURITY ON THE FUSE BOX BUT THAT DIDN'T DO SH##. I HAVE MY CAR ALL RIPPED APART WAITING TO HERE FROM THE HONDA DEALERSHIP IN MY AREA BUT THEY DON'T KNOW NOTHING. IF ANYONE KNOW'S IF ITS AS EASY AS THE OLD CHEVORLET S10 WHERE YOU JUST CUT THE MAIL WIRE IN TO THE ECU LET ME KNOW. JUST DON'T WANT TO SCREW UP MY CAR. THANKS FOR YOURE TIME.
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL Avenger:
Do you have an "ALARM"? or just keyless entry? If you just have keyless entry there is nothing to disable. If you have an OEM alarm, just unplug it. I installed a Viper 550ESP in my 2k2 EX with no problems at all. I guess with all that yelling I don't quite get what your asking.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

fourkilos is an unknown quantity at this point
there is no such thing as an OEM alarm!!
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Umm. yah, there is a SUCH thing as an OEM alarm!! Please know what you talking about before you tell somebody that they are wrong!! Try searching for it
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

how u gonna tell me there is an OEM alarm when i work for a company that installs alarms for honda. please get ur facts straight. honda has an OEM keyless entry.. NOT alarm. The alarms that the dealership sell u is not an OEM alarm. all they do is contract an alarm company, like the one i work for. The alarms that u get from the dealers are after market alarms. so please get ur fact straight.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Oh please, give me a break!! Are you serious? Because Honda is not the MANUFACTURER its not on OEM part? So since Honda does make the CD player does that mean its not an OEM CD player. The point is there is an alarm made to plug directly into a wiring harness that is pre-wired into the 7th generation civics. Just because Honda is not the manufactUrer of the alarm doesn't mean that its not OEM. I know that OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer" but when an alarm is made to fit a 7th Generation Honda Civic and ONLY fits a Civic and is sold as a HONDA OPTION from Honda, I would classify it as an OEM alarm. And please enlighten me and tell me who exactly you work for. And the dealer installs the OEM alarm, they don't contract anybody out to do it. Its REALLY SIMPLE you just plug it in. Plain a simple there is an OEM alarm for the Civic. Since Honda doesn't offer an Alarm and only a keyless entry, I would very much like for you to also explain why my car came with keyless entry and yet there is an OEM alarm offered from Honda!!!
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

ok lets get one thing straight. just because ur keyless remote has a horn that goes on and off.. it is not an alarm. listen i'm not gonna sit here and argue with u about something i do for a living. anyways call P.S Honda here in NYC. and ask them what kind of "alarm" they use. they'll tell u that the use one call "hornet" same makers of viper.. a company called DEI. now DEI has no relation with honda. BUT the alarm comapny they contract uses DEI. now the the alarm company charges the dealership like $200 and the dealership turns around and charges u.. $400. Now when u ask the dealership is it OEM alarm they most likly gonna say yes.. cause then why would u spend $400 when u can go aftermarket and spend like $200-150. then they give u this BS that if u get aftermarket alarm u'll void the electrical warranty. This is wat the dealership does to make money. The F & I guy is there to make more money buy charging u for "alarms" .. floor mats.. and other overpriced stuff.

so please get ur fact straight.. if ur still not sure ask others on this site that know a little more about alarms before u make comments u don't know about.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

I do have my facts straight and I KNOW WHO DEI IS. I installed my Viper 550ESP in my 2k2 EX. I have also installed a 529T and a 530T. DEI also owns Clifford, Avital, Python, Hornet, Wasp among many others. I am not ignorant to car alarms. I have been installing alarms for years. DEI does not make an alarm that will still use the OEM Honda remotes (nowhere near the same frequency). Honda does make an OEM alarm that plugs into the factory alarm wiring harness and DEI does not!!! In no way am I claiming that an OEM alarm is anything comparable to an aftermarket, but the point is, HONDA does make one. Just do a search for OEM alarm in the forum or explain to me why Honda-Accessories.com lists an OEM keyless entry and an OEM ALARM. Explain Please!!! I seriously find it hard to believe that you install car alarms if you didn't simply know that Honda does indeed have an OEM Security System!! What company is it that you work for? And since you do install car alarms you would know what a 530T is and the wire colors and what they do. Any regular installer can run down all 15 without a manual, I would be content if you can supply 7 wire colors and what they do, ANY RESPECTABLE DEI INSTALLER WILL KNOW THIS!! (don't bother searching the net, you won't find it). If you are indeed and "professional installer" please back up you claims. Or are you not going to "play my games" or whatever excuse you provide for not knowing. Don't make accusations that I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't have an OEM Alarm I have a Viper 550 (honda does not contract DEI for their car alarms). Tell everyone on this site who has purchased on OEM alarm that they don't have an OEM alarm!!! Do a search and see how many people have OEM alarms!! And I'm the moron???
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

2K1SilverHX is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin??? I have a Viper 600esp sittin in my room for the last 6 months.... I've been worried about the stupid Passkey type key thing..... Do you have to bypass it to install the Viper?

I know the 550 has car start built in, I have the module to do the car start, but unfortunately have a 5spd.... I'll save the car start and use it on my new truck... but anyways can you offer any advise on installing my Viper?

Thanks,

Justin
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

530T ?? the window moduel?? wat about it?? wats the big deal?

violet- ground path
green-down
blue-up
red- 12v (+) constant
black- chassis ground (-)
violet/black- ground path #2
green/black- down #2
blue/black- up #2
brown- up, switch 1
white- down, switch1
red/white - aux input (-)
orange- gound when armed
grey- out put during activation (-)
brown/black- up switch #2
white/black - down switch #2

wat are u five years old.. quizzing me. anyways lets just drop this subject cause u know and i know .. i know my ****
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate you all

cheers [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

Very good, I must say that I am somewhat impressed. Apparently you do have some idea of what your talking about, or you got your hands on a manual for the 530. Either way, the simple point I originally made before you decided to add your ignorance is that Honda does have an OEM alarm. The capabilities of the alarm is another issue, but there IS AN OEM ALARM! And since you apparently know your way around a 530T I have a serious question. I dind't have my manual when I put mine in and the voltage sensing settings have to be different for each window for some reason. If I put it at the factory setting my drivers window works fine but my passenger doesn't or vice versa. Do you happen to know what the setting for the dip switches are? I know 1and2 are window one and 2and3 are window two, but do can you tell me the settings for them? 1 on 2 off = default setting 1 off 2 off = max setting etc.... ?

2k1SilverHK: The only reason you would need to bypass the Honda immobilzer is when you are using a remote start system. DEI makes a unit (55U) that temporarily bypasses the ignition immobilizer. You don't have to cut any wires or void your warranty at all. However, you do have to give up a key. In your case, you really don't even need to install the starter kill wire on your car. Unless a theif has your keys (which he would have your remote anyway) they cannot start your car without serious knowledge of how the Honda immobilzer works. I installed remote start on my 5-spd EX, it can be done, but it takes a lot more effort in order to prevent the possibility of it starting in gear. I set mine up so that it won't start unless the emergency brake is up and I also used a series magnetic switches around my switch gate so that it won't start if my gear shifter is pushed forward or backwards. But unless you plan on installing remote start, you don't have to worry about anything. Like I previously stated you really don't even need to install the starter kill because your keys are attached to your remote. However, if you don't install the starter kill wire, the anti-grind feature of your alarm won't work if your worried about that.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB.. to be honest i have that same problem.no problem on driver side but on the passager side it does work when it feels like it. i really haven't had time to played with it. i just realized last week at work. anyways let me take a look and i'll let u know for sure.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

sham01ski is an unknown quantity at this point
Fourkilos, I beg to differ. If you contact honda north america there is such thing as an OEM alarm, it is made by honda itself and works with honda remotes. most dealerships call companies like yours because they make more money off of those types of alarms. 500 bucks my neighbor paid for some checkmate garbage with remote start.. that is bullshit... so I think you need to check your facts buddy....
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

2K1SilverHX is an unknown quantity at this point
Attn: Kevin OR fourkilos

I mistakenly put the name of the 530T module... it was late last night when I wrote that message. Its the 551T module (the remote start)... It would be great if I could add the Remote start to my 5spd... Kevin, anyway you could send me some sort of DIY on that safety switch configuration.... Also, does the "Alarm Wiring Chart" in the DIY section have the correct locations for the wires?

I think I'll try to put my Viper 600ESP on tomorrow if I have time... I have to hook up the dome light, door locks, parking lights flash, starter kill, etc... I want to do it right.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

Fourkilos: Its probably the same problem. I wired up my 530T where the passenger windows is motor one and the drivers side is motor 2. I'm sure its just a matter of the dip switches, I just don't have the manual that tells me the settings. I'm almost posititve that off/off is the maximum, but I'm not sure of the default setting and the medium setting dunno if its on/on, off/on, on/off etc.. And it doesn't do it every time so its kind of a pain taking my door panel off everytime I change them. I just changed them the other day 3/4 off/off and it worked fine. Then the next day it stopped on me. Oh well, trial and error I guess.

Attn: 2k1SilverHX

I don't really have a DIY because it was a lot of trial and error when I hooked it up. Got to radio shack and get some of the magnetic switches that are used in home alarm systems. You also need to buy some magents, because the manget potion of the switch is a long rectangle and isn't very practicle for mouting in your vehicle. The wiring chart on this site was fairly accurate however, I did find some changes/alternatives when I hooked mine up. To be honest I don't remember off hand everything because it was a few months ago when I put my alarm in and I dind't really take notes as a went. You will need to pick up a DEI 555U if you want to use remote start. Don't let them rip you on it either. I've seen shops charging $99 for it when cost is only +/- $14. I will look at the chart and see if I can remember any differences right off hand. I will post an edit in a few minutes.

Ignition and starter: Correct

Parking lights: It was easier to get at the steering column and the * denotes. It was easier because the alarm won't drive the lights itself and you would need to wire up and external relay. By using the blue (-) wire at the steering column you can set the parking light output on your alarm to be negative (I belive its default) and you won't need to worry about wiring up an external realy.

Dome Lights: I'm not 100% sure if the color was the same, but there is a green wiring harness about the driverside kick panel. You have to get on your back and look up to see it. Its a green plug and its just taped up there. Its the plug that is used for the OEM alarm and there is nothing plugged into it.

Also if I remeber correctly you can find the door trigger, and the lock, unlock wires there as well. (I don't believe that's where I tapped into mine) I got mine from a group of wires eletrical tapped together. It comes from the drivers side door and then runs up under neath the gauge cluster.

The Windows wires are all correct if you were to be installing a 530T (I know you don't have power windows on your HX, but someone else might benefit).

The Remote start wires are all correct except they neglected to list a tach wire. If you look under your hood by your battery, you will see a single wire with a plug on the end of it taped near the battery (sorry I don't remember the color but its very evident what it is). That is your tach signal wire. You can test it to make sure using a volt meter set to AC voltage.

I also hooked up my hood pin switch to my e-brake. If the brake is not up, when you arm your alarm you will get the extra "BEEP" letting you know a door/hood is open. It will also shut down your car if release while remote starting and it will prevent your car from starting without the e-brake being pulled up.

There is also a wire on your alarm that sends an ouput when the remote start prcocess begins. Use this wire in combination with a relay to bypass the clutch switch. Wire it up so that it makes contact across the two sides of the switch. That way your clutch is only bypassed when remote starting your car. Key starting will still require you to push in the clutch. The clutch has 2 switch attached to it. One that disengages cruise when you slight push the clucth in (I don't know if you'll have that one or not) and the other is a switch that only activitates when the cluctch is all the way to the floor (This is the one you will need to use).

I think I pretty much covered everything taht you will need to know, if not or if you have problems just let me know. I'll be glad to take pictures tomorrow. I can take pictures. Its starting to get dark out and the flash is to bright for upclose pictures under the dash.

--Kevin
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB... if u want i can scan and send u the manual. just let me know and i'll e-mail it or post it.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

FourKilos: If you don't mind, I would appreciate that very much. I will turn it into a PDF document. I swear, I could find every manual online that DEI makes, except for the 530T, its nice that the 529T has it printed on the case [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB...e-mail??
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

check your private messages
Old 04-22-2002
Registered!!

crazybluehonda is an unknown quantity at this point
back to the subject i un-plugged the harrness and now my car won't start or maybe i pulled the wrong wires.?....there's a plug behind the ignition those wires i cut? to put this bypass in?