Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Creaking/clicking when going slow.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sentbacktothesu is an unknown quantity at this point
Creaking/clicking when going slow.

so ive done a search and nothing i searched seems to sound like the same problem im having.

i first noticed this today when i was in traffic approaching a red light. it sounded like my wheel well was rubbing or dragging on the wheel/ground. so i figured id pull over and look. every time i creeped foward i heard a clicking noise the faster i went the more frequent the noise happed so i know it wasnt engine related, it sounded as it was in the tire or something, so like i said i thought something was dragging.

i get into a parking lot and nothing was wrong, everything was in place. wierd. so i deciced to go around a few blocks to try to recreate the issue. once i noticed nothing was wrong i was thinking axel's. but when i first heard it was i was going straight and now is more notabable when im turning. its more of a creeking noise not clicking noise, so i was thinking suspension.

basically i just wanna know my axels arent about to go. i just got my brakes done a few days ago. and today was the first time i heard this noise.

but now it sounds more like a creeking when the wheels are turned and slowly accelerating, i dont notice any issues when going fast. it seems to be only when under 10mph.

thanks for any help
its a 2003 civic ex coupe with 100K
suspension never been touched. everything is stock

Last edited by sentbacktothesu; 05-26-2009 at 03:57 PM.