Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Pcv/egr

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomj333_EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pcv/egr

Anyone know how to clean the PCV and if so how? and were abouts on the car is it?
PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventlation)
Just im thinking about taking my intake mani off and giving it a general clean up. on 86k now you see, just wanna keep my baby going :P

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by Tomj333_EM2; 05-07-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pcv/egr

its metal, just unscrew it with a socket and spray inside with carb cleaner. do not remove the whole breather housing. its to the right of the throttle body and a bit below. has a hose going from it to the intake mani.