Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

stupid vibrations!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
stupid vibrations!

so i put on new tires not too long ago and i didnt get vibrations on the way home but after a day or 2, vibrations i had before started to come bak.

it only starts vibrating after 65mph and its quite annoying since 90% of my commute is on the highway. the vibrations can vary day to day which can range from very slight, pretty rough, to almost feeling like a wheel is falling off(doesnt happen often but it does). sometimes it would pulse meaning it would come and go: vibrate for a few sec and fade off then come bak. these vibrations are all through the steering wheel.

also if i move my steering wheel slightly i can feel vibrations. ive had my wheel rebalanced and it didnt seem to work. any ideas wat could be causing this? my car does seem to be drifting a bit when im driving on the highway.

i know gearbox had almost a similar issue and replaced his lca bushing and it got fixed but lookin at my bushings they look fine.

im also hearing a rattle from my passenger rear area whenever i go over a rough or good size bump. signs of a bad or loose suspension part?

sorry for the long post but i kinda suck at explaining things in short sentences.
Old 04-21-2009
Living Life Turn After Turn

04civic07 will become famous soon enough04civic07 will become famous soon enough
Re: stupid vibrations!

check wheel bearings
Old 04-21-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

mine still vibrates above 65mph. its my aftermarket rims i narrowed down to. tires can cause the problem too, and i found that many shops could not balance the wheels for whatever reason. sears by the mall did the best job by far to reduce the vibration. so if you have oem rims and new tires, there should be no excuse for vibration. alot of place just suck at wheel balances so keep trying til you find a place that knows.
Old 04-21-2009
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough

well i took my tires to sears and had them balanced twice there. might have them do a suspension check.