Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New member, conidering new Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTXFrank is an unknown quantity at this point
New member, conidering new Civic SI

Went and looked at a 2009 Civic SI coupe last night. I'm in love with the car and it's selling for right at $22k. I wish it had more torque, so I'm wondering what folks are doing in that area, but I was impressed with the way it drives. I've loved Civic SI's since the hatchback days and have never owned one. But I'm trying to convince myself to get this car instead of looking at the MazdaSpeed 3 or a Sentra SE-R Spec-V. I had a 2004 Spec-V and got rid of it due to my wife whining about it. But now, the wife is all about me getting a car I want since I'm about to retire from the Army after 20 years of service and getting blown up in Iraq with all the brain surgery and such that goes with a TBI.

I absolutely love the car. The way it looks, the way it drives, the whole nine yards. I don't much care that a MazdaSpeed3 has more HP, but what I do care about is the Cobalt SS looks pretty good too. If it came down to it, it would be between the SI and the SS. But still, I'm leaning towards the SI.

Help me out here folks. I'm not usually this wishy-washy over something.
Old 03-31-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New member, conidering new Civic SI

you can get hondata computer reflash which brings down the powerband by 1000 rpms (so the hp comes in sooner without revving as high). other than that, i would suggest waiting for the 2010 model if you can, they still have some minor problems to work out esp with the transmissions. if you find you still need more power, there is always the supercharger option.
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTXFrank is an unknown quantity at this point

Went ahead and picked one up. Couldn't argue with the price. Had 21 miles on it and I got it for $20,250. Something to be said about waiting till the last day of the month. Has everything but the navi option.

Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow great deal! im sure youll enjoy it. i like the new rim style too, way better than before.